Materialprüfanstalt für das Bauwesen und Produktionstechnik Hannover (MPA HANNOVER) is an operation of the German Federal State of Lower Saxony and is part of the Lower Saxony Ministry of Economics, Labour, Transport and Digitisation. It is divided into the establishments in Hanover (head office), Garbsen and Clausthal-Zellerfeld.
As an independent and objective materials testing institute, we are partners of industry, trade, authorities, courts and commerce and make a significant contribution to consumer safety. In addition, MPA HANNNOVER performs tasks in the direct interest of the federal state, in particular by participating in the preparation of technical regulations and decisions by the building authorities.
MPA HANNNOVER carries out material tests for the construction and mechanical engineering sectors. At the three locations, raw materials, building materials, building products and types, constructions, pipelines and technical equipment, rotating abrasives and corrosion protection measures are tested, monitored, approved and certified. In addition to static and dynamic testing machines, efficient laboratories are available for chemical and physical analyses as well as for the fire behaviour of building materials.
MPA HANNOVER is:
- Certification body according to the Construction Products Regulation (BauPVO) (accredited pursuant to ISO 17065)
- Testing laboratory according to BauPVO (accredited pursuant to ISO 17025)
- Inspection body for high-pressure gas pipelines, deep boreholes, pipelines, water-polluting substances and pressure equipment (accredited pursuant to ISO 17020)
- Testing, monitoring and certification body (PÜZ) according to State Building Code (LBO)
- Testing laboratory acc. to the “Guidelines for the recognition of testing laboratories for building materials and mixtures of building materials in road construction” (RAP Stra)
Together with Leibniz Universität Hannover, MPA HANNOVER is involved in research and development projects.